Initial Strategic Priority of Careers promoted careers in construction to ensure the future workforce. The 2015 review expanded the priority to include increased training and professional development opportunities for members.
Work with all levels of government and external partners towards ensuring the stability and health of the housing industry.
The strength of the association depends on the strength of the voice within the membership. The initial priority of Member and Director Participation has been widened to include a focus on membership recruitment and ensuring the value of services provided to members.
As part of a 2015 Strategic Plan Review Directors focussed on the following:
- Mission Statement and found it was still representative of the major mandate of the LHBA in serving its members, the future of the industry, and our community.
- Vision Statement and updated it to recognize our current emphasis on social and environmental responsibility.
- Refined the original priorities to: Advocacy, Education and Membership
Three Implementation Teams of Directors focused on historical and change inititiatives and:
- Reviewed accomplishments over the last 10 years since the original strategic plan was developed;
- Developed a series of tasks with targets and timeframes that would move the LHBA forward towards its new goals;
- All tasks were in addition to the Association’s current agenda of programs and activities.