The London Home Builders' Association (LHBA) has come a long way since its founding in 1952. The LHBA and its Provincial and Federal parents - The Ontario Home Builders' Association and The Canadian Home Builders' Association, are business organizations comprised of builders, renovators, developers, suppliers, subcontractors and supporting financial institutions and professionals. The LHBA consists of a membership which is increasing and accounts for 88% of all new homes built in this vibrant area. In keeping with the mission statement, to give back to the community, volunteers from over 270 member companies, contributed over 5,000 hours in support of 39 association events and donated in excess of $100,000 to London community organizations.
The London Home Builders' Association is committed to providing a forum for its members to share information and experience; promote ethical building and business practices; be the voice of the residential construction industry in London and to work towards the betterment of our community.
Code of Ethics
- Members shall comply with all building codes which apply to any construction carried on by a member.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers.
- Members shall cooperate to extend the effectiveness of the Association by among other things: Interchanging information and experiences; Improving building codes; Encouraging research on materials and techniques.
- Members shall uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for the services which they render.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practices which are likely to discredit or do injury to the house building industry.